Status : Work In Progress.
The MidiBox Project : http://www.midibox.org
I’m actually in the phase of building a developpement prototype board using redesigned standard modules and beginning to define what the final hardware should look like.
- Big alphanumeric or dot-matrix LED based display for song titles and patch number …
- Up and down bank buttons
- A tap button for setting effect speed (essentially for delays)
- 10 preset buttons (rock solid !!!)
- A LED per preset button indicating the active preset
- 10 to 20 parameters buttons (I don’t know yet)
- 3 or 4 characters alphanumeric or dot-matrix LED displays for each parameter button indicating the function assigned (like REV/CHO/DLY/WHA …)
- Dual color LED per parameter button indicating the ON/OFF state
- MIDI IN and OUT Tongue
- 2 to 4 relay-controlled jacks for amp channel switching
- 2 to 4 external controller inputs to connect standard guitar volume pedals controlling MIDI parameters (like Volume, WHA … )
- 3 or 4 characters alphanumeric or dot-matrix LED displays for each external controller input indicating the function assigned
- The software must be capable of sending multiple program-changes/control-changes/whatever on multiple channels on an input event
- PC based user interface on a 1st step and a PIC based next
- Maybe include a coffee machine (just kidding)
For more informations, please check this post at the midibox.org forums.
Ressources : MIDI Specification